New Telangana Employees Health Cards G.O. Released Today.
Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department – Employees Health Scheme –
Providing Cashless medical treatment to the State Government Employees,
Pensioners and their dependent family members – Further Orders – Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE (A2) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 32 Dated:03-11-2014
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.174, HM & FW (M2) Department, dt.01-11-2013
2. G.O.Ms.No.175, HM & FW (M2) Department, dt.01-11-2013
3. G.O.Ms.No.176, HM & FW (M2) Department, dt.01-11-2013
In the G.O. 1st read above, the erstwhile Government of Andhra Pradesh
have formulated Employees Health Scheme to provide cashless treatment for the
listed therapies in the empanelled hospitals, to all the Government employees,
pensioners and their dependent family members in replacement of the medical
reimbursement system under APIMA Rules, 1972. In the G.O.2nd read above
operational guidelines for issue of health cards were issued and in the G.O.3rd read
above, the package prices for the listed therapies were notified.
2. Consequent on reorganization of Andhra Pradesh into the States of
Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the Chief Minister of Telangana reviewed the
implementation of the Employees Health Scheme in the meeting held on
21-10-2014 in the light of the representations made by the representatives of
Employees / Pensioners Associations and decided that the Scheme be implemented
with the following modifications:
1. The total cost on implementation of Employees Health Scheme shall be
borne by the Government and no contribution will be collected from
the employees/ pensioners.
2. There shall be no upper limit on the financial coverage and the total
cost of treatment of the patient for the enlisted therapies will be
covered under the Scheme.
3. Treatment for all the enlisted procedures will be provided in all the
network hospitals (both private and Government) empanelled with
Aarogyasri Health Care Trust. However position will be reviewed after
six months so as to ensure a minimum of 60% participation by
Government Hospitals in terms of amount. To achieve that, if
required, certain procedures may be reserved for Government
hospitals which have required infrastructure for such procedures.
4. Out patient for Chronic Diseases will be provided in the notified
Government Hospitals only and the guidelines for chronic OP treatment
shall be issued separately.
5. There is no need for ‘steering committee’ for the Scheme.
6. Inclusion of other categories of employees will be examined after
implementation of the Scheme for six months.
3. Accordingly Government hereby direct that the “Employees Health Scheme”
shall be implemented with effect from 01-11-2014 with the modifications
mentioned in para-2 above.
(4. Accordingly all fresh cases of treatments with effect from 01-11-2014 shall
be governed by above scheme and all such cases shall not be eligible for any
reimbursement. However all cases of treatment commenced prior to 01-11-2014
shall be eligible for reimbursement as per Rules for reimbursement.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All the Secretaries to Government, Telangana State
The Principal Secretary to Government, Finance Department.
The Chief executive Officer, Aarogyasri Health Care Trust, Hyderabad.
All the District Collectors.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad
The Pay and Account Officer, Telangana State, Hyderabad
All Heads of Department.
All the employees and pensioners associations through G.A. (Services Welfare)
Department, Telangana Secretariat, Hyderabad.
Accountant General (A&E), Telangana, Hyderabad.
The Commissioner of Information and Public Relations, Telangana, Hyderabad
The Finance (Expr. M&H-1) Department
PS to Principal Secretary to CM.
The OSD to Deputy Chief Minister, Medical & Health.
PS to Principal Secretary to Governor.
PS to Chief Secretary.
S.F. / S.Cs.
// FORWARDED :: BY ORDER //